Go back to 1815 with the National Army Museum’s pop-up pub at Waterloo Station to mark the 200-year anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo.The National Army Museum’s pop-up pub is the perfect way to ensure you know your Waterloo history in time for the bicentenary.
Inside this family-friendly pub are also a number of fun activities; each designed to teach a little more about Waterloo:
– Meet the publican, bar maid, soldier and civilian and hear them recount their stories from the time of Waterloo
– See if the styles of the time would have suited you by dressing up in period clothing
– Take the place of one of Wellington’s soldiers at the fun photoboard
– Play an iPad game offering brave souls the chance to try their luck on the Battlefield, and work their way up the ranks
– Pick up a ‘pint of information’ and a Waterloo medal sticker
Designed to replicate pubs from the early 19th Century, visitors will be greeted by one of a number of period characters all with their own Waterloo tales to tell. Find out what Waterloo was like for those who affected by the Battle.